Oddball Art Stamps Blog Challenge - 'Spread Your Wings'

Today I'd like to share with you an Art Journal  Double Page spread I've created for the latest challenge over at the Oddball Art Stamps Challenge Blog.

We've changed the rules so now you don't have to play along with the challenge theme, but if you do and win you get an extra prize.


Our theme this month is 'Spread Your Wings', and you can interpret this however you wish, but we'd love you to share with us you an explanation of your interpretation, if it's not obvious.

Here is my project;


For my project I've used two gorgeous fairy images #164 Purdy Butterfly and #169 Sweet Sai the Fairy.

For my background I added some old book pages and tissue tape to my journal pages followed by a layer of white gesso.  I then fussy cut my images and added them to the pages with more white gesso, including a thin layer of gesso over them to seal them, thus letting me use wet mediums on these pages without worry about my printer ink getting wet.



I then worked on my background adding some washes of Derwent Inktense, using the Inktense blocks and a paint brush; followed by more thin gesso and another layer of Inktense colour. 

Then I coloured my images, using Derwent Inktense Pencils, Faber Castell PITT Pens, and a Pigma Micron Pen for the black line work.

Here's a close up of the background on the first page;

Here's a close up of Purdy Butterfly; 


I worked into the background with Faber Castell PITT pens to create a grassy foreground. I added some scraps of glitter tape around the pages for a little sparkle.



As a finishing touch I added a scribbles white border along with the words 'Magical Kingdom' and 'Fairy Dust'
 Here's a close up of Sweet Sai the Fairy;



Want to see more projects inspired by our 'Spread Your Wings' theme, then hop over to the Oddball Art Stamps Blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of our design team.  You'll also find instructions on how to join in our challenge and win some awesome Oddball Art Stamps images.

Thanks for visiting with me today, and don't forget to use my discount code in the Oddball Art Stamps Etsy store to get 10% off your purchase; DTSUZI10

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx



Comments

Darlene said…
WOW! Great job Suzi ... very artsy! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Use Your Imagination’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

SewPaperPaint said…
This is so so incredible! The gorgeous coloring and sketching over the images lends this to be very artistic and oh so beautiful! Love love this! Hugs, Autumn
Tania said…
Wow this is sensational, gorgeous colouring and mixed media details! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)
Judy McKay said…
Stunning art journal page. Love the colours and your details. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT
Vickie Y said…
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.