Glue-some Cemetery with Oddball Art Stamps - Quick Tutorial

Today I'd like to share with you a couple of pages from my Art Journal that I did for the ongoing challenge over at the Oddball Art Stamps Challenge Blog.  I've done a quick step by step tutorial for you all to show how my pages came to life, and the fun I had with a new technique, using my Hot Glue Gun.

Our theme this month is 'Cemetries', and you can interpret this however you wish, but we'd love you to share with us you an explanation of your interpretation, if it's not obvious. You still have a couple of days to upload your entries before we launch our December challenge.

Here are my finished Art Journal Pages;
I used the wonderful 'Ghost Girl in Graveyard image #124' along with 'Frankenstein Bat' from the 'Creepy Cute Bat Set image #84' both images are coloured with Alcohol Markers.

Now here's how I created my pages;


Using my Hot Glue Gun I drew a spider's web on the left page, and a selection of gravestones on the right page.  I added extra squiggles for texture, along with a frame around the edge of both pages.


I painted both pages with Black Gesso, making sure to get into all the texture areas to ensure good coverage.  I found bashing the bristles of the brush into the page worked well on the textured areas.


I painted both pages with Light Grey Acrylic Paint, along with some Distress Paints in Bundled Sage and Tattered Rose.


Next I added Faber-Castell Gelatos in Spearmint, Green Tea and Pistachio.


I then added more Grey Acrylic Paint, and Distress Paints in Bundled Sage, Wild Honey, Picked Raspberries and Broken China.  At this point I hated my project!!



To rescue my project I added more Gelatos in Spearmint, Green Tea, Pistachio, Strawberry and Black Cherry. 
 The turning point came when I added the Strawberry Gelatos.



The final step was to add my images, along with a little more Black Cherry Gelatos.

Want to see more projects inspired by our 'Cemetries' theme, then hop over to the Oddball Art Stamps Blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of our design team.  You'll also find instructions on how to join in our challenge and win some awesome Oddball Art Stamps images.

Thanks for visiting with me today, and don't forget to use my discount code in the Oddball Art Stamps Etsy store to get 10% off your purchase; DTSUZI10

Bye for now
Suzi
xxx


Comments

Unknown said…
Fabulous journal page and a great scene. Thank you for sharing with us at Unicorn and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x
Fabulous use of your glue gun, I love the whole process and build up of your background. Superb use of colour, you've created an amazing Journal page. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the Green with Envy Blog Challenge over at That's Crafty.
Best Wishes Tracey DT
Sheryl said…
Wow! That background is amazing! It's the perfect background for your perfectly coloured image.
Thanks for stopping by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx
Keti's Projects said…
WOW. The background is amazing and so is your final project. Love the colours too. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. And so sorry for my late comment due to my illness. Keti (DT)